A major component of CAS is the CAS Project. Students in the DP must complete one major student initiated collaborative project integrating one or more strands of C/A/S (Ex: Creativity or Service and Action or Creativity, Action & Service). The duration of a project must be a month or more from planning to completion. Each student involved in the project must have a significant role and will describe their role and experience on ManageBAC. When you log your project into ManageBAC please identify that it is your project. Please post photos, video, links, etc as proof of your project. The project will need three detailed reflections (initial planning, execution of project, post completion thoughts).
CAS requires students to take part in a range of activities and projects. These should always involve:
- real, purposeful activities, with significant outcomes
- personal challenge
- thoughtful consideration, such as planning, reviewing progress, reporting
- reflection on outcomes and personal learning.
Below are examples of some general ideas for the CAS Project:
• A student group plans, designs and creates a mural.
• Students organize and participate in a sports team including training sessions and matches against other teams.
• Students set up and conduct tutoring for people in need.
• Students choreograph a routine for their marching band.
• Students plan and participate in the planting and maintenance of a garden with members of the local community.
• Students identify that children at a local school need backpacks and subsequently design and make the backpacks out of recycled materials.
• Students rehearse and perform a dance production for a community retirement home.
Please see Mrs. Barnhouse if you have questions or concerns about the project.
Also, this is a reminder that parents, guardians, and family members cannot be a supervisor for any activity.